Fish without a licence:
Four times a year, Canadian residents can fish in Ontario without buying a fishing licence, during:
- Family Fishing Weekend in February (February 15-17, 2020);
- Mother’s Day Weekend in May (May 9-10, 2020);
- Father’s Day Weekend in June (June 20-21, 2020);
- Family Fishing Week in July (July 4-12, 2020).
Follow fishing rules:
Licence-free periods remind us of the value of Ontario’s recreational fishery, and the importance of keeping it healthy for future generations. You must:
- follow conservation licence catch limits;
- obey size limits and sanctuaries;
- follow the fishing regulations.