Ontario Family Fishing Events …
Go Fishing with your family!
Ontario Family Fishing Events is a province-wide opportunity for Canadian residents to fish Ontario waters without the otherwise mandatory fishing version outdoors card.
Four times a year, Canadian residents can fish in Ontario for free.
This means you do not need to buy a fishing licence if you want to fish during:
- Family Fishing Weekend (February 18-20, 2023)
- Mother’s Day Weekend (May 13-14, 2023)
- Father’s Day Weekend (June 17-18, 2023)
- Family Fishing Week (July 1-9, 2023)
Follow fishing rules
Free fishing periods remind us of the value of Ontario’s recreational fishery, and the importance of keeping it healthy for future generations. While fishing you must:
- follow conservation licence catch limits
- obey size limits and sanctuaries
- follow the fishing regulations
- carry a permit or identification card issued by the provincial or federal government, showing your name and date of birth
Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary