About this Event:
Belwood Lions Pike Derby is the major fundraiser of the year for the Belwood & District Lions Club.
Many of our Benefactors rely on the support of the fundraising efforts of the Lions to enable them to undertake their activities within the community, to make the lives of all the community members better.
This year we are able to have over $10K and counting in prizes available to be won throughout the derby and raffles thanks to our generous supporters and sponsors.
We’re making some changes to our Derby for 2019 that we think you’ll like, and it make the Derby more exciting for our participants…see below and stay tuned!
1. We’re adding a new category to the major prize list – combination length of two fish – we’ll still have the longest fish category, but now the competition is more exciting right to end of the Derby;
2. Adding an additional weigh station closer to Shand Dam – so those participants fishing that end of the lake and/or in small boats can get to a weigh station quicker and spend more time fishing, and have less stress on the fish;
3. We have increased our quantity and selection of door prizes AND we will let YOU choose what door prize you want, in the order of selection;
4. We’re looking to extend or add to the dock at the Belwood Hall, to make more room for your boats;
5. We’ll be improving availability of drinks and food throughout the duration of the Derby and prize award.
See here for pictures of Belwood Lake.